A Note Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) National Pandemic
In the wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) national pandemic, we want you to know that the Monroe County BDC stands ready to assist your business. We have protocols in place that will allow us to continue to provide economic development services throughout Monroe County, while keeping our employees, partners and community safe and healthy as we navigate the pandemic.
During this time, we would encourage all leaders of Monroe County companies to develop a risk management plan of processes and procedures during economic instability, if you have not already done so. Please read through these immediate steps for businesses as a starting point in crafting your strategy.
Some of the immediate steps that businesses can take:
- Communicate: a central component of managing crisis is the importance of consistent communication with employees, business partners, and other stakeholders to minimize the disruption. This includes stating an appropriate policy to reduce your businesses exposure to COVID-19. Outline the precautions that your employees need to take as guided by the CDC.
- Explore alternative work options: your organization should be testing out technologies (such as server access) in the event that meetings need to happen virtually, or employees need to work offsite.
- Identify your businesses critical functions and determine the key employees needed to fulfill those functions. It may be necessary to minimize their exposure to other possible unknown carriers, including other employees.
- Reduce the number of visits by suppliers and vendors to your workplace by purchasing in larger quantities. Establish a delivery protocol that limits employee interaction with drivers.
- Assess the possible financial implications of revenue loss, travel restrictions, supply chain disruptions, and explore external resources that could assist in alleviating those pressures (e.g. federal or local funding options).
In times of economic uncertainty, we are here for you. Do not hesitate to reach out for whatever reason and we will do our best to help you in any way, shape or form. You can reach us by phone 734-241-8081 or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer as soon as possible. If there is a certainty, during this time, it is that we are always stronger together than we are as one.
Tim, Matt and LuAnn