Grant Application Opening Tuesday, January 19 at 9:00 am
The Michigan Small Business Survival Grant application opens January 19 at 9:00 am and closes January 22 at Noon! Legislation was passed in response to the small businesses that were impacted by Emergency Order MCL 333.2253 – Gatherings and Face Mask dated November 18, 2020 & Emergency Order MCL 333.2253(1) dated December 9, 2020 . As a result, Monroe County has received an allocation of $663,523 to distribute as grants. The Monroe County BDC has assembled a committee to review the Monroe County applicants once the application process closes.
In order to be eligible for funding under the Program, small businesses (for-profit and non-profit companies) must meet the following criteria:
- Had 1 to 100 employees (including full-time, part-time and owner-employees) on a world-wide basis on November 17, 2020.
- Is in an industry that demonstrates it is affected by the Order.
- Needs working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses.
- Demonstrates an income loss as a result of the Order as determined by the EDO in which an eligible business is located.
- Is not a live music and entertainment venue that is eligible for funds under PA 257 of 2020 Section 401.
The Monroe County Small Business Survival Grant Committee will use the following criteria to make determinations on funding:
- Business Stage (Closed, Partially Closed & Operating, Fully Open and Operating)
- Annual Gross Revenue Comparison (2020 vs. 2019)
- Introduction of new products and/or services
- Prior amount of COVID related funding received at the local, state, and federal levels
- Number of Employees both post and prior to the Order (on payroll, full-time and/or part-time)
Should you have trouble with the application, you may contact the Michigan Economic Development Center (MEDC) Service Center at (888) 522-0103. Hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm EST Mon. – Fri. and closed for lunch 12:00-1:00 pm EST. During lunch hours, callers may leave voicemail. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, please know that the BDC is always available to assist! Contact the BDC Staff by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 734-241-8081. We will be monitoring communication and will get back to you promptly!
Visit our COVID-19 Resources page where you will find IMPORTANT INFORMATION on the Survival Grant application process.